Trinity United Methodist Church
Acts 13:23 (NASB95)
“From the descendants of this man,
according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus.”
The Purpose of Christmas: Salvation
1. Awaiting A Hero : Christmas has always been about anticipation (Luke 2:25-32)
- The good news of Christmas = The birth of Jesus, a savior (Luke 2:11)
2. What does it mean to be saved?
- The Modern church is confused about the meaning of salvation:
A moment of decision about Jesus Christ and the forgiveness of sin that results in a future of eternal life.
- Salvation is so much more
- Salvation is life today AND eternal life in the future.(2 Tim 1:10)
3. Salvation is a Certain Kind of Life:
- In the Gospel of Luke the process of salvation is like something that was lost then found and restored (Luke 15)
- God wants to give you the life you were created for -a life that has meaning and purpose (John 6:63)
- Salvation is for the here and now-to have a new daily life in Christ. (1 John 3:14)
4. A Hero Born for You: (Luke 2:11)
- Jesus was born to restore you to the life that God meant for you
Christmas is about Salvation-new life today.